So after banging out some code for a couple hours in total silence, I suddenly get the urge to crank up some tunage. As I'm digging out my iPod I start mentally humming a tune that's started to grow on me in the last few weeks. After plugging in the iPod and hitting Shuffle Play, the first song played is the song I was thinking of! How weird is that? Perhaps a little clairvoyance on my part? Or was it pure coincidence? Is it possible that I influenced the future? If that's the case, I'm thinking of Jennifer Love Hewitt becoming my new coding partner. :D :D :D
PS. It turns out the odds of that happening are 1 in 108... (the song, not JLH)
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Your odds assume you only ever think of songs that are already on your ipod.
I like the looks of you standing around in the foundation of your new house. Huzzah!
I guess that's why I didn't do so well in Stat...
Perhaps that was a valid assumption. Was it "The Wings of Our Dreams," the theme song to Perfect Strangers?
Perhaps it is a valid assumption. Perhaps the tune was the Full House theme.
"Everywhere you look, da duh dah doo dahh"...
Also, is the iPod an iPod shuffle model, or a full-on iPod with lots of free space? Or, are your 108 songs each an average of ~16 hours long?
Model?
I said, "hop in!"
Actually, it was "Pressure" by Skindred. I have a 20GB iPod, it just only has ~5 CDs and various singles on it. Trying to rip my collection but I always seem to get caught up doing something else.
A gentleman is mostly likely to fart first thing in the morning, while in the bathroom. This is known as "morning thunder," and if the gentleman gets good resonance, it can be heard throughout the household.
Bwahahaaa!!! 2nd paragraph! Classic!! And the link to complete the trifecta!! (bifecta?)
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000077.html
Post a Comment