At the end of my tenure at my previous job (company name withheld to prevent corporate embarrassment in case I decide to make this blog all about vegetable porn), I gave away half a jar of Planter's Dry Roasted Peanuts to my good friend and office mate. Unfortunately, this afternoon at work I was wracked with hunger pangs with no nuts to curb my cravings. I sat there for a few minutes and daydreamed about opening my jar of nuts and partaking in their salty goodness.Imagining their delectable taste led to ruminations on the very nature of their preparation. What exactly is dry roasting? Can you wet roast something? Doesn't the act of roasting imply a certain amount of dryness? Of course, there's only one man to ask about all things roast, and unfortunately he is at said previous employer.
So to you, Andrew, I say enjoy my nuts. I hope they bring you as much satisfaction as they did to me.

2 comments:
I can't say how grateful I am that you left your nuts behind, as I enjoy their salty goodness on a daily basis. The day is quickly approaching when they will be gone, at which point in time I will be in predicament similar to yours.
Your philosophical endeavors with regards to dry roasting are to be commended.
I would advise you to proceed immediately to pick up a new jar of the famously fresh peanuts. Don’t forget, “A handful a day may be good for your heart.”
Carmakers must be reading the Teutonic Titwillow
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/01/02/lincoln/index.html
Post a Comment