So I'm watching the Hokies play what was supposed to be basketball last night, and it's unbelievably frustrating. For 35 minutes it almost seemed like Seth Greenberg said, "Look, nobody drives to the basket. Those points are too easy." An ugly, ugly game by VT, and very hard to watch as a Hokie fan.
With the game being as crappy as it was, and me wanting to keep the amount of expletives I used to a minimum, with about 4:40 or so left in the game I changed channels, figuring that the game was over.
Last night I had a very short dream where some dude says to me, "Man, you should have watched the rest of the game. Virginia Tech won in overtime." When I awoke I thought, "nah, the game was way out of hand and Tech showed no desire or ability to turn things around." So I went back to sleep.
Checking out my bracket this morning, I noticed that VT wasn't crossed out in red. However, a bunch of the later games from yesterday weren't marked as green or red, so I figured Yahoo! just hadn't gotten around to updating my bracket yet. Curious to see who won, I headed over to ESPN. VT wins by two!!! Are you kidding me? It turns out that Illinois doesn't score in the final 4:28. Unbelievable!
As soon as I turn off the game, VT kicks it into gear and pulls out the win. Maybe I shouldn't watch the game at all on Sunday, seeing as I have them making the Sweet 16...
PS. My condolences to all you Oral Roberts fans. They made the 900-foot Jesus cry.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment